Friday, April 10, 2015
Thursday, February 26, 2015
What do you think? Would you try a pattern in your bathroom?
Wednesday, February 18, 2015
shop in limited editions and will be adding new items here and there. This collection is by far my favorite and was inspired by worldly travels and my ever growing collection of vintage ethnic fabrics. Because I'm a huge fan of pattern mixing, all of the designs are in the same color palette so they can be mixed and matched.
See and shop the whole collection here.
See and shop the whole collection here.
Monday, January 12, 2015
I'm currently designing a woodland themed nursery. My client wants the nursery for her baby boy to be mostly neutral with a few pops of color. Keeping with the woodland theme, I chose several different textures including a lot of wood tones to help keep things interesting. I also am using lots of geometric shapes to bring a modern touch and to tie things together. I'm super excited to see this space come together and will be posting more updates along the way.
1. Leather pouf
2. Wooden tree mobile
3. Dotted crib sheet
4. Raccoon pillow
5. Metal side table
6. Two tone Dresser
7. Brass floor lamp
8. Wooden deer
10. Shag rug
11. Baby bear pennant flag
12. Vinyl triangles
13. DIY Triangle shelves (similar)
14. Happy camper print
Friday, January 9, 2015
It feels good to enter a new year. It's been quite some time since I've been to this blog of mine. I'm hoping to stop in more frequently from time to time to share inspiration and photos of projects and products I'm working on. I wish to make this blog more of a journey of my design process especially as I shift more into interior styling and design. Thanks for following along.
Here are some of my goals or things I plan to work on this year and beyond.
1. Build better relationships. Over the past eight years I've had the opportunity of living all over the country and meeting wonderful people along the way. I would love to keep in contact with some of them better and even reach out to those I don't see often or ever!
2. Better manage my time. I am so much happier when I follow a schedule and have things to do and work on. Being unproductive makes me anxious and I'm hoping to better plan out my days in order to accomplish bigger long term goals I have for myself.
3. Get up early. I know this sounds like a crazy goal but for the past year I've been trying to get up early to get work done and have failed miserably at it. I've tried everything and perhaps being a night owl just might be my thing. But I'm determined to keep at it and see if I can't at least do it a few times before giving up completely:)
4. Explore more places. I love to go places, but sometimes it's too easy to stay home especially when it's -20 degrees outside. I'm determined to get out and explore new places nearby and further away.
5. Continue learning and challenging myself. This past year I decided to go back to school and get my interior design degree. While it definitely hasn't been easy, I have learned so much and I love the challenge it brings. I hope to never lose my love for learning and that desire to develop new skills. I am hoping to maybe even take an art class this year.
I could probably keep going, but I don't want to get ahead of myself, so I'll stop here.
Happy New Year!
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Friday, October 3, 2014
I'm finally sharing a few photos of Will's room! It has been a work in progress and I've been collecting and putting things together over the past year. I probably could have finished it much quicker than I did, but if you've ever designed anything for yourself you know how hard it can be. It's much easier to design for others. Because we moved a lot over the past several years, I've never really completed a space for Will so I thought it was time. I knew I wanted a space that could grow with him and reflect his personality. I also wanted a space that felt light and bright with a bit of fun. He is a four year old boy after all! I think spaces for kids don't have to feel too childish and themed, but should have some elements of playful and fun. While there are still a few things left to finish like window treatments, brass knobs for the dresser and I would like to eventually get a headboard, but for now I'm happy with how it came together.
Thursday, October 2, 2014
Hello friends. I'm alive and well and it feels good to be back! I've been busy working on lots of new ideas and patterns for my shop and as well as focusing more of my attention on new design projects I'm working on when it comes to styling. I will be sharing more of those with you over the next several months. Stay tuned. xoxo Ali