PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, November 2, 2012

DIY Printed T-shirts

Patterns are all the rage right now, and while I do love a solid colored t-shirt I thought it would be fun to add some patterns to plain t-shirts using fabric paint. I think the triangle pattern would also be cool to try on a pair of jeans.
For the triangles, I used white fabric paint and cut a triangle shape out of a potato. I then used the potato as a stamp. It's not perfect, but I kind of like the slight imperfections.
 The gold dots make look familiar because I used the same technique that I used on the dotted pullover

 And for the heart, I used the freezer paper method and created a stencil of the heart. 
    (all photos taken by my sister and photographer Katie Perkes)

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Love all of these! They look so great! I've been wanting to do a dotted one for a while now, but never thought about doing gold dots. Love that idea.

courtney said...

So cute! I am going to have to try those...I'm kind of on a gold kick these days! :)

Xx,
Courtney
shabbyloveschic.com

Kim Edwards said...

These are cute, but I am wondering where you got your leather skirt? I have been looking for some resonably priced leather skirts and pants for winter. (branching out and trying something new!)

Jord said...

I love them all! Your leather skirt is the best! Thanks for all the time/energy you put into your blog. I love it!

Ali said...

Kim, the skirt is from Piperlime. You can find it here: http://rstyle.me/iems82dbxw It is definitely a favorite of mine this season.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love them all! I think I'm going to try one of these ;)

Ali said...

another cute leather skirt I just found: http://rstyle.me/in7gscdbxw

Kim Edwards said...

the zipper detail on the piperlime skirt is awesome!