PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Make your own tortilla chips

We eat a whole lot of chips and guacamole at our house. I think we picked it up while living in Arizona. We always make our own guacamole, but until recently, I had never thought to make my own chips. They taste soooooo much better than store bought chips and are simple to make! Plus, I can control the amount of salt I want. 

Basically it's corn tortillas (I like the white corn ones) cut into triangles, sprinkled with sea salt, and baked on a cookie sheet at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown. I also brush some olive oil on the cookie sheet to get the salt to stick, but it's not necessary. Do you ever make your own chips or have you ever? 




   

No comments: