1. backpack - Now that Will is almost 3 he is getting to the stage where I'm trying to train him to carry some of his own things and I love these backpacks from Skip Hop because they aren't too big and come in the cutest different animals.
2. search and find books - Any books are great, but my favorite are the search and find ones because they keep Will occupied longer since he has to search for each item. This Treasure Hunt for Boys I really like and there is also one for girls -Treasure Hunt for Girls I also like to bring flashcards as well. I always find new ones in the dollar section at Target.
3. blanket - What kid doesn't like the comfort of their blanket? Plus, if there is any chance of getting your child to sleep on the flight, they are going to need their blanket. Many times Will has laid down on his blanket during takeoff and slept most of the flight (not too often, but it has happened).
4. stickers - I love stickers because they don't roll around like crayons and it's something to keep your little one busy. These ones look pretty fun.
5. cars or a new toy - Will loves cars so I always pack a couple of little ones for him to play with on the plane or at the airport. I've also heard of parents wrapping a new little toy so your child has something to unwrap. I also like finger puppets, mini animals, sticky hands or anything else small.
7. headphones - Now that the ipad can keep Will entertained, I got him these Kid Headphones
to use, which are great (when I remember to bring them) so we don't bother those around us.
8. shoes that are easy to put on - Even though kids don't have to take their shoes off going through security anymore, it's nice to have shoes that are easy to take on and off. Will always likes to take his shoes off while on the flight and it makes it easier once you are packing things up to have something to easily slip on.
9. book or magazine for you - This may not sound important but there are several flights I've been on where Will has fallen asleep and I have nothing to do, but look at the clock so it's good to bring something for you just in case.
What are some of your favorite ways to keep kids occupied on flights?