PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Twin Cities Food Tour: The Buttered Tin


One thing I don't share about often is food, but my husband and I are major foodies. Even though we have favorite places to eat, we love finding new places and are constantly reading reviews about restaurants and eateries in the areas we live. So I thought it would be fun to start a new food series sharing places to eat around the twin cities. Plus, there are so many good places to eat around here.


I recently discovered a newer breakfast/brunch place in St. Paul that I wanted to try, so a couple of my friends and I decided to go. We went on a weekday before the lunch crowd so it wasn't too busy (by the time we left, the line was out the door). 


They serve typical breakfast dishes with a unique twist as well as delicious baked goods. I had the daily special scramble which was filled with mushrooms, capers, chorizo, and olives. It tasted really fresh and was complemented nicely with mixed greens and toast for a perfect sweet and savory mix.



 Because we had two 3 year olds in tow, I also got a taste of the pancakes which were equally good.


And of course we couldn't leave without a treat. We opted for a cupcake (designed after the hostess cupcakes). I also loved that they had Twinkies as well, however they called them "Twin Keys"



Do you like trying new places to eat or do you stick to your favorites?
 

No comments: