PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

DIY Gold Horses



I'm always amazed how spray paint can transform something. The talented Cassie from Hi Sugarplum posted a DIY project on animal bookends and brass figurines this past week. After finding these plastic horses at Target for $1 a piece I decided to to shower them with metallic gold spray paint.

I love how they turned out, and they will be a fun addition to my office once I find somewhere to put them.

7 comments:

paislea said...

these are super cute! what a great idea!

allister bee blog

Jennifer S. said...

How cute!! I have been obsessed with spray painting things in gold too!!!

jen
http://blankwhiteframes.blogspot.com

Haley @ Cardigan Junkie said...

I've been wanting to try this, too! Now I want to do it right away :)

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Haha no way!!! Don't you feel like spraying the whole house? when I got my first bottle of gold spray paint I swear I was hunting for things to spray ;)
Love those horses!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Those horses are so fun...and super glam with the gold treatment!! Thanks for the link...and great project, girlie!!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

This is such an awesome take on that project! I love the little herd of golden ponies (c:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I loved this so much, I just featured it today. Great DIY.