PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, May 30, 2013

5 Ways to Wear Florals this Summer

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5
Lately I've been really liking florals. I bought the maternity version of these and have been wearing them nonstop, but I like to mix my florals with other pieces to keep them from feeling too feminine and frilly. Here are a few ideas of ways to wear florals this summer.

1. Wear florals with black. I shared this last week in my how to wear black this summer. I also like the idea of wearing a loose fitting floral top with shorts for an easy summer look.

2. Add a floral clutch. This is an easy way to do the floral trend in a small dose. I think this floral clutch would be great paired with a chambray shirt and white jeans and would give just the right amount of color and pattern.

3. Pair a floral skirt with a sweatshirt. If you are looking to make your florals less formal, a sweatshirt is the easiest way to dress it down and make it more casual and a perfect everyday look. A causal t-shirt would also do the trick.

4. Mix florals with stripes (or polka dots). Stripes are huge for summer and if you want to try pattern mixing this combination is one of the easiest to pull off. I love the idea of a floral blazer paired with a striped dress, shirt, or even romper.

5. Try a tropical floral. Tropical florals are all over right now and the bright colors and patterns give your look a summer update.

How do you wear florals?

No comments: