PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Black Bean & Quinoa Burgers


I'm not a vegetarian, but over the past couple of months I've been trying to incorporate a few meatless meals into our diet, and surprisingly I have found some really good options including this recipe for black bean and quinoa burgers. It has become a favorite at our house, and I actually prefer these over regular burgers.

Black Bean & Quinoa Burgers

1 can of black beans drained and rinsed (15.5 oz)
1/2 c cooked quinoa
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 fresh ground pepper
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

Mix together and somewhat mash the black beans. Flatten into patties and cook in a pan with olive oil for one min on each side (to brown them up). Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. I like mine topped with cheese, caramelized onions (a must), lettuce, and tomato.
(recipe originally from here)
   

3 comments:

Jessica said...

These sound and look so delicious, I made a black bean burger (mine didn't call for quinoa so I'd love to try this one) a while back and totally preferred it to a regular beef burger. Which I was shocked about :)I'll have to try this recipe.

Unknown said...

Delicious..:)
Thanks for sharing..!
Android Developer

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I love quinoa burgers, adding this recipe to the mix, thanks Ali!