PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Afternoon Snack: Honey Roasted Almonds


I'm always looking for a little snack in the afternoon, usually it's greek yogurt and granola. My sister-in-law recently introduced me to a recipe for homemade honey roasted almonds. They are the perfect snack come 3:00, however I must limit myself because they are pretty addicting.

What snacks do you enjoy? (I could use more ideas).

Honey Roasted Almonds (from cooks.com)

2 c whole almonds
1/4 c sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp water
2 tsp almond or vegetable oil

Place the almonds on a cookie sheet and put in a cold oven and bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until the inside of nuts are tan. Remove and set aside.

Mix together the sugar and salt and set aside. Then stir together honey, water and oil in a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the almonds and cook until all the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and toss with the sugar and salt mixture. Spread out the almonds on wax paper to cool and harden.
 

4 comments:

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

I love almonds! I also love caramelized pecans, especially in salads ;)

paislea said...

oh my gosh! i have to give this a try!!

drop by allister bee soon!

Amber said...

I just looked at my package of almonds in the pantry and thought I never eat those...so yeah, I will be making this. Perfect timing.

Love your nail color, what is it?

Ali said...

@amber I recently got the nail polish at the Gap and it's called dandelion.